SOCIAL ENTREPRENURSHIP DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION SUMMIT (SEDIS)
ORGANIZED BY AFRICAN ENTREPRENEURIAL NETWORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH ASHOKA AFRICA
Target Group/Sectors: 300 Social Entrepreneurship players.
Includes: Social entrepreneurs, Funders/Investors, Education institutions, Government, NGOs and other social entrepreneurship players from various industries and Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP).
Duration: Three Days: June 28th – 30th Annually
Implementing Organizations: Africa Entrepreneur Network (AEN), Ashoka Africa & Partners.
The Project Description
Based on the challenges, AEN and partners seeks to convene a three day summit on June 28th – 30th at USIU Africa (proposed). This will be an annual summit that will create a platform where the social entrepreneurship players will network and be exposed to new concepts in design thinking and unleash creative solutions to make the world a better place though social entrepreneurship.
The first summit will focus on engaging youths to explore the concept of disruptive innovators in social entrepreneurship for sustainability of such projects. First summit will also include ‘Mradi’ competition where founders will judge and select top three social enterprises projects or innovations for scaling/replication and funding/sponsorship. Lastly, it will also incorporate the launch of social entrepreneurs’ database in Kenya and subsequent year in Africa through AEN Africa chapters. This will be achieved through pre-conference, conference and post-conference activities.
Objectives of the Summit
- Provide a platform where attendees will learn from best practices and learn how to use innovation to dream up new solutions to existing problems in society.
- Create a system that empowers consumer on social entrepreneurship through the value chain sustainability and moves away from continuous “donor syndrome”
- Apply practical, innovative and sustainable approaches to benefit marginalized and poor communities at the bottom of the pyramid (BOP) through social entrepreneurship.
- Build awareness and advocate for the potential of social entrepreneurship data base with up to date information for sustainability of projects.
- Identify social pilot projects as models for scaling/replication and build case studies.
Please fill the form below to book for an event, fields marked * are mandatory